About Court In The Act.

No albums are hosted here. All files must be deleted 24 hours after download, as they are for review and criticism purposes only - provided you follow this guideline, downloading from Court In The Act is legal as per s30(1) of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. If any copyright holder has a problem with their material being posted here, get in touch and I will remove it. Let me know if any links are broken, I'll remove the post to prevent future annoyance, and will attempt to re-upload the file.

Comments make our work worthwhile. If you really enjoyed an album, tell us about it, we'd love to hear from you. If you hated it, tell us why.

Although music is a major part of all of our lives, we all have some form of external life. If there are periods in which no posts are added, I'm sorry, but that's how things happen. Even though I love blogging like this, sometimes I can't muster up the desire within myself to write about yet another album.

I'd like to say too that Court In The Act will never be run for personal profit. This means no advertisement, no premium schemes, and no LinkBucks. Megaupload is used because it strikes a fair balance between ease of upload and ease of download.

Friday 21 October 2011

Weekly album analysis, week 4

This has been another week in which I haven't really been listening to new music, and mainly revisiting old favourites. Nonetheless, there are a couple of releases which have been new to my ears:

Anathema - Alternative 4 [1998]

I'd already heard individual tracks off this, Anathema's seminal release, which crossed the boundary between their doom metal of yore and the alt. rock of today, but had never heard the thing as a whole. I really enjoy it - it's not, for me, on the same level as The Silent Enigma (but that's probably just due to my genre preferences), but is certainly better than the shit many of their imitators spawn on a seemingly weekly basis. [8/10]

Masonna - Astro Harshtronism [1996]

Masonna is, aside from Merzbow, probably the best known Japanese noise artist, and thus noise artist full stop. This EP isn't the best introduction to his music (and as a part-time noise fan, I don't feel myself qualified to say what is), but is great when you want a brief blast of noise, but don't want to blow your head off with a full album. This comes from the more chaotic end of noise. [7/10]

V/A - Discharged: A Tribute To Discharge [1992]

Only a fool would complain about key hardcore/crossover/crust bands such as Extreme Noise Terror, Concrete Sox and Nausea covering the band which invented the d-beat style. Although there is very little deviation from the original, consider this as a 'bonus album' to Discharge's main catalogue. In other words, bloody awesome. [8/10]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...