About Court In The Act.

No albums are hosted here. All files must be deleted 24 hours after download, as they are for review and criticism purposes only - provided you follow this guideline, downloading from Court In The Act is legal as per s30(1) of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. If any copyright holder has a problem with their material being posted here, get in touch and I will remove it. Let me know if any links are broken, I'll remove the post to prevent future annoyance, and will attempt to re-upload the file.

Comments make our work worthwhile. If you really enjoyed an album, tell us about it, we'd love to hear from you. If you hated it, tell us why.

Although music is a major part of all of our lives, we all have some form of external life. If there are periods in which no posts are added, I'm sorry, but that's how things happen. Even though I love blogging like this, sometimes I can't muster up the desire within myself to write about yet another album.

I'd like to say too that Court In The Act will never be run for personal profit. This means no advertisement, no premium schemes, and no LinkBucks. Megaupload is used because it strikes a fair balance between ease of upload and ease of download.

Monday 6 June 2011

Roger Waters - The Pros And Cons Of Hitch Hiking [1984]

Oh would you look at that it's my all-time favourite album. Around 1978, when Pink Floyd were coming up with ideas for a new album, bassist and self-proclaimed Lord of the Universe Roger Waters presented 2 ideas to the band. One was The Wall, the other was this.

After all the drama of "The Final Cut", Waters left to fully develop this project, and I am extremely glad that he did. "The Pros And Cons Of Hitch Hiking" follows the dreams of a man undergoing a mid-life crisis. The result is one of the most emotional albums I have ever come across. But what I like most about it is how well it flows. The entire album just fits together, like one big soppy song. Featuring the sublime guitar work of Eric Clapton (playing in his trademark bluesy-country style) this album is simply fantastic start-to-finish. Though if I had to pick highlights, I would choose "Sexual Revolution" and "Go Fishing".

Mp3, 256 kbps


(n.b. the times before each track name are supposed to be there, as the album is chronicling one night of dreaming)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...