About Court In The Act.

No albums are hosted here. All files must be deleted 24 hours after download, as they are for review and criticism purposes only - provided you follow this guideline, downloading from Court In The Act is legal as per s30(1) of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. If any copyright holder has a problem with their material being posted here, get in touch and I will remove it. Let me know if any links are broken, I'll remove the post to prevent future annoyance, and will attempt to re-upload the file.

Comments make our work worthwhile. If you really enjoyed an album, tell us about it, we'd love to hear from you. If you hated it, tell us why.

Although music is a major part of all of our lives, we all have some form of external life. If there are periods in which no posts are added, I'm sorry, but that's how things happen. Even though I love blogging like this, sometimes I can't muster up the desire within myself to write about yet another album.

I'd like to say too that Court In The Act will never be run for personal profit. This means no advertisement, no premium schemes, and no LinkBucks. Megaupload is used because it strikes a fair balance between ease of upload and ease of download.

Thursday 28 July 2011

Alice In Chains - Dirt [1992]

Alice in Chains are the best grunge band. Yep, I just said it - sorry Nirvana, but this band chews you up and spits you back out faster then you can say "but what about Nevermind". This is the second album from AIC and due wanting a heavier and darker direction for the band lyrically they jumped stright back into the topic (which is a common theme on this album) of addiction which featured on the previous album but now has been "turned up to 11" so to speak. For thoese who did not know AIC's singer Layne Staley was a herion addidict and this addiction he never overcame as he died a recluse in 2002. This album takes the dark sound of grunge and gives it a metal feel with heavy riffs, interesting solos and a unique vocal harmony between Staley and Cantrell (guitarist and backing vocals). Highlights for me would be "Them Bones", "Angry Chair" and "Junkhead" but these are gems in a sea of gold as, for me anyway, only one of these songs is a tad sub-par (God Smack) but is nothing to bring the album much. For a different take on metal and grunge listen to this catchy, heavy, dark album - you will not be disappointed!

MPED-4
128 kbps
Now once I get back from my trip to Holland, I'll get posting some music by The Cure.

Persona 101: Edited for spelling and grammar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...